ATTN ARTISTS AND CREATIVES – £10k COMMISSION IS NOW ONLINE
After months of consultation the creative brief is now ready for St George.
Click on the documents below to view.
What will a neighbourhood arts project look like for St George?
- The project has been shaped from what we heard from individual residents, community groups and local businesses.
What’s happened so far?
We’ve been consulting people living in the neighbourhood area to find out:
- what issues need addressing in terms of the green agenda
- particular areas that would be great to have an arts project
- specific community groups or members of the community an artist, maker or facilitator should work with – ie schools, unemployed or older people
How are we engaging with this area? Well, we’re…
- talking at the neighbourhood partnership and local forum meetings
- working closely with Bristol City Council’s Neighbourhood & Community Development teams
- meeting with community leaders, groups and individuals
- keeping busy on social media
- leaving flyers in community buildings
- held a public consultation meeting on Sat 7th March at St Aidans Church Hall, St George. DOWNLOAD EVENT FLYER
- Feeling left out? Give us a shout – [email protected]– we value your input and would be happy to chat about ideas
What are the next steps?
- The deadline for the public consultation was on Sunday 29th March, 2015
- After the public consultation, project advisors from the local area will be consulted to finalise a creative brief
- End of April the artist/maker or facilitators brief will be publicised for 5 weeks. The commission will be for £10,000 which includes all project fees, materials & expenses, although volunteers may be provided to assist on the project
“I’m a creative Bristolian and I’d like to get involved.”
- Watch this space for the artist brief
- Register your details with us
- Attend an inspiration session on Tuesday 12th May from 5-7.30pm to find out more, brainstorm with other artists, talk to the NAP team and local advisers on the project.
Want to know more? Feel you could volunteer?
Get in touch – [email protected]